Tweaking.com - Windows Repair is an all-in-one repair tool to help fix a large majority of known Windows problems including registry errors and file permissions as well as issues with Internet Explorer, Windows Update, Windows Firewall and more. Malware and installed programs can modify your default settings. With Tweaking.com - Windows Repair you can restore Windows original settings.
Tweaking.com - Windows Repair can do the following:
- Reset Registry Permissions
- Reset File Permissions
- Register System Files
- Repair WMI
- Repair Windows Firewall
- Repair Internet Explorer
- Repair MDAC & MS Jet
- Repair Hosts File
- Remove Policies Set By Infections
- Repair Icons
- Repair Winsock & DNS Cache
- Remove Temp Files
- Repair Proxy Settings
- Unhide Non System Files
- Repair Windows Updates
- Repair CD/DVD Missing/Not Working
- and much more...
What's new in this version:
- Update to the Reset File and Reset Registry permissions. These repairs now delete orphaned SIDs and no longer follows symbolic links, keeping it from getting stuck in an infinite loop.
- Updated the Repair Important Services to apply reg permissions to the service section in the registry (In case the reg permissions repair was skipped, and for users on Windows 8 who can't user the reg permissions repair because of the Windows App store.) and also to remove symbolic links from the Windows defender folder in case a well known virus put those there to break Windows defender.
- Added remove_symbolic_links_from_windows_defender_folder.bat file to the files folder. This can be used by users who simply need to remove the symbolic links a virus puts on the Windows defender folder to keep Windows defender from working. The program now does this as well, but I decided to add a file for it for advanced users. The program doesn't not use this file, so changing it will have no effect on the program.
- When a new update is available the program will now tell you in the caption bar instead of only at program startup. This is good for users who missed the message that there is a new version.