The newest feature of WinPatrol will greatly accelerate your system startup time. While WinPatrol 2007 has been improved in many ways our favorite new feature is called "Delayed Start". You probably have programs which you do want running in the background but you don't need to launch immediately on boot up. WinPatrol's Delayed Start allows you to specify the time to wait before launching programs which may typically try to load while other system initialization are happening.
WinPatrol runs great with Windows Vista and takes advantage of its new enhanced security features. If you use Vista's UAC(User Access Control), you may find some startup programs require your permission before they can begin. Moving these programs to our Delayed Start list can prevent simultaneous annoying systems pop ups everytime you restart your computer.
- The Remove button on our Delayed Start page will now allow you to also move the program back to the normal Windows autorun startup list.
- When a program insists on putting itself back in the normal autorun startup list we now provide an option for users who may want to continue to keep the program delayed.
- Programs starting with RunDll32.dll are better handled (Example Vista Welcome Center)
- First Detected columns in all fields are now sorted correctly.
- Install program updated so Uninstalling isn't always required.
- Fixed incompatibility issues with Win9x machines.
- Cut the speed of Startup Program monitoring in half.
- Included Delayed Start to pop up taskbar menu.
- Corrected error allowing Delayed Start times to be edited
- Allow titles in Delayed Start to be edited.
Link: Home Page | Forum Discussion (Thanks Hayc59)