WinRAR is an archiving utility that completely supports RAR and ZIP archives and is able to unpack CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7Z, Z archives. It consistently makes smaller archives than the competition, saving disk space and transmission costs.
WinRAR offers a graphic interactive interface utilizing mouse and menus as well as the command line interface. WinRAR is easier to use than many other archivers with the inclusion of a special "Wizard" mode which allows instant access to the basic archiving functions through a simple question and answer procedure.
WinRAR offers you the benefit of industry strength archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a key of 128 bits. It supports files and archives up to 8,589 billion gigabytes in size. It also offers the ability to create selfextracting and multivolume archives. With recovery record and recovery volumes, you can reconstruct even physically damaged archives.
- WinRAR displays only one password prompt when unpacking 7z archive with encrypted file names.
- Further improvements in shell extension performance. Now WinRAR context menu must be more responsive when working with thousands of selected files.
- Bugs fixed:
- WinRAR could display random characters as archive comment when browsing some ZIP SFX archives, which do not contain any archive comment;
- switch -ed did not prevent extraction of empty folders;
- WinRAR could fail to compress some of subfolders specified in the command line if -n switch was present;
- WinRAR could crash when decompressing some of corrupt RAR archives.
Download: WinRAR 3.90 Beta 3 | ~1.4MB for x86 & x64 (Shareware, € 29,95)
View: Product Info & RARLabs Website