WinSnap is a small but powerful utility for taking and editing screenshots. It can easily capture windows of non-rectangular form with the background of your choice, automatically perform simple canvas transformations and coloring effects, add professional smoothing shadows in Photoshop style and more. Also, WinSnap supports variety of image formats and provides advanced auto-save features.
Of course, WinSnap is not the only one screen capture tool in the world, and you may find many others in the Internet. It seems to be a very common task for beginner programmers. From users feedback, the most commonly used alternatives are SnagIt and MWSnap. WinSnap was designed to be different:
* Easy makes screenshots of windows with rounded corners
* WinSnap saves info about window form and adds real smoothing shadows!
* Unique "Application" mode allows you to capture all visible windows of the foreground application with one click.
* Basic coloring effects and canvas transformations.
* Advanced auto-save and auto-copy options.
* Usual keyboard and mouse control (Print Screen replacement).
* Make all this work with one 100-kb application - smaller than Paint!
What's New in Version 2.0.8 (August 7, 2007)
* WinSnap 64-bit Edition released (for AMD64/EM64T).
* The software update process takes only 2 mouse clicks now.
* Several improvements on the registration mechanism.
* Message boxes are properly placed depending on the main window position.
* Fixed a minor issue with capturing maximized windows in the Application mode.
* Some other minor bug fixes and improvements.