Wireshark (also known as Ethereal) is a network protocol analyzer that enables you to capture and examine data from a live network or from a capture file on disk. You can interactively browse the capture data and view summary and detail information for each packet. Wireshark has several powerful features, including a rich display filter language and the ability to view the reconstructed stream of a TCP session. It can read capture files from tcpdump (libpcap), NAI Sniffer (compressed and uncompressed), Sniffer Pro, NetXray, snoop, Shomiti Surveyor, AIX s iptrace, Microsoft Network Monitor, Novell s LANalyzer, RADCOM s WAN/LAN Analyzer, HP-UX nettl, ISDN4BSD, Cisco Secure IDS iplog, the pppd log (pppdump-format), and the AG Group s/Wildpacket Etherpeek. It can also read traces made from Lucent/Ascend WAN routers and Toshiba ISDN routers. Any of these files can be compressed with gzip and Wireshark will decompress them on the fly.
- What are you listening to? (2015 Edition) in Wall of Sound
- The Ultimate fav drink poll in Poll Station
- International Space Station (Updates) in Science Discussion & News
- Meet the browser: Opera Next in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- What does everyone think of the new IE now Microsoft Edge? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Done with Facebook in General Discussion
- Will we get a ISO of Windows 10? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Get colored title bars in Windows 10 in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.