Wireshark (also known as Ethereal) is a network protocol analyzer that enables you to capture and examine data from a live network or from a capture file on disk. You can interactively browse the capture data and view summary and detail information for each packet. Wireshark has several powerful features, including a rich display filter language and the ability to view the reconstructed stream of a TCP session. It can read capture files from tcpdump (libpcap), NAI Sniffer (compressed and uncompressed), Sniffer Pro, NetXray, snoop, Shomiti Surveyor, AIX s iptrace, Microsoft Network Monitor, Novell s LANalyzer, RADCOM s WAN/LAN Analyzer, HP-UX nettl, ISDN4BSD, Cisco Secure IDS iplog, the pppd log (pppdump-format), and the AG Group s/Wildpacket Etherpeek. It can also read traces made from Lucent/Ascend WAN routers and Toshiba ISDN routers. Any of these files can be compressed with gzip and Wireshark will decompress them on the fly.
- Tablets in Hardware Hangout
- Phil Spencer is not sure if the Xbox One can catch the PS4 in Front Page News
- Another day, another mass shooting... in Real World Issues
- Orbital Sciences Antares 200 launcher (updates) in Science Discussion News
- Should OS X be renamed? in Apple Mac Support
- The Control Panel may soon disappear in future Windows 10 builds in Front Page News
- It's good, but the iPhone 6s Plus no longer represents the best in a changing smartphone market in Front Page News
- Mp3tag 2.72 in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.