Wireshark (also known as Ethereal) is a network protocol analyzer that enables you to capture and examine data from a live network or from a capture file on disk. You can interactively browse the capture data and view summary and detail information for each packet. Wireshark has several powerful features, including a rich display filter language and the ability to view the reconstructed stream of a TCP session. It can read capture files from tcpdump (libpcap), NAI Sniffer (compressed and uncompressed), Sniffer Pro, NetXray, snoop, Shomiti Surveyor, AIX s iptrace, Microsoft Network Monitor, Novell s LANalyzer, RADCOM s WAN/LAN Analyzer, HP-UX nettl, ISDN4BSD, Cisco Secure IDS iplog, the pppd log (pppdump-format), and the AG Group s/Wildpacket Etherpeek. It can also read traces made from Lucent/Ascend WAN routers and Toshiba ISDN routers. Any of these files can be compressed with gzip and Wireshark will decompress them on the fly.
- Dopamine in Software created by our members
- Better notifications in Site & Forum Issues
- Special limited MGS5 PlayStation 4 announced in Sony Console
- Windows 10 Technical Preview in Microsoft Beta
- I miss the themes from the good old msstyles (uxtheme.dll) days in General Discussion
- ESXi 5.5 - My Experience (and some questions) in Virtualization & Cloud Services
- Helldivers Is Like A Video Game Version Of Starship Troopers in Sony Console
- Some changes at the top (Administrators & Founder groups) in Site Announcements
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.