The SmartGlass for Xbox One application has a new beta variant on the app stores for Android, Windows and Windows Phone, for testing new features and scenarios with enthusiastic users.
Prior to the launch of the Xbox One console in November, Microsoft launched the new generation SmartGlass application for Android and iOS devices. The "second-screen" application allows Xbox One users to navigate the dashboard from their smartphone or tablet, along with accessing the console's Internet Explorer so they can surf the Internet on their big screen TV and snap Xbox One apps to the side. The app also lets users view their Xbox One achievements and friends list and access special extra content for games like "Dead Rising 3" and movies such as "Star Trek Into Darkness."
Now, Microsoft has launched on the various app stores, a testing version of the SmartGlass app in addition to the stable version to get feedback from enthusiasts regarding new features and usage scenarios. According to the app's listing, Microsoft suggests that the users try out the following scenarios while using the app and provide feedback.
• Browse OneGuide on your SmartGlass device
• Tune to a show from OneGuide in SmartGlass.
• Get rich details on your favorite shows
• Favorite a TV channel and see it show up in the Favorites on your device.
• Use the Cable/TV remote to navigate through your cable box UI.
• Change your HD/SD settings in the SmartGlass settings
• Navigate to recent channels and tap once to change to that channel.
As this is a pre-release version of the application, it should be noted that users may face crashes or undesired outcomes. The Xbox One SmartGlass beta app is already available from the respective links for Android, Windows and Windows Phone below.