Thanks to a new licensing deal between Yahoo! and Gracenote, song lyrics for hundreds of thousands of songs from major publishers will be incorporated into Yahoo! Music. Through the agreement, consumers can search for song lyrics from the Yahoo! Music Search bar, simply by entering even a partial lyric from the song. The database is, however, far from being complete. Yahoo! says it has lyrics for over 400,000 songs. Even having officially licensed lyrics does not guarantee accuracy - certain song lyrics still aren't 100% accurate. Finally, in a time where DRM is, hopefully, on its way out the door, even the licensed lyrics come with their own version of DRM; you are not allowed to casually cut-and-paste any of the lyrics text.
- New Mac owner in Apple (Mac) Discussion & Support
- Mandriva Goes Out of Business in Back Page News
- Is there anything Windows 10 does better? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- All Americans Will Receive A Microchip Implant In 2017 in It's a Conspiracy!
- New CPUs made of wood promise cheaper, healthier, greener technology in Front Page News
- May 2015 Desktops in General Discussion
- Complete Switch to *NIX and Linux: May 17, 2015 in Linux / Unix Discussion & Support
- Connecting to VM through thin client. in Virtualization & Cloud Services
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.