Thanks to a new licensing deal between Yahoo! and Gracenote, song lyrics for hundreds of thousands of songs from major publishers will be incorporated into Yahoo! Music. Through the agreement, consumers can search for song lyrics from the Yahoo! Music Search bar, simply by entering even a partial lyric from the song. The database is, however, far from being complete. Yahoo! says it has lyrics for over 400,000 songs. Even having officially licensed lyrics does not guarantee accuracy - certain song lyrics still aren't 100% accurate. Finally, in a time where DRM is, hopefully, on its way out the door, even the licensed lyrics come with their own version of DRM; you are not allowed to casually cut-and-paste any of the lyrics text.
- Pirate escapes $373,000 fine with a court-ordered 200k YouTube views, documenting his antics in Front Page News
- Should I upgrade my 3570K to a 3770K? in Hardware Hangout
- Anyone with a lumia 635 (8.1 or 10), can you connect to wifi with a static IP? in Windows Mobile
- LG 65" 4K OLED Curved TV review in Front Page News
- Ask someone who got Lumia 950 anything! in Windows Mobile
- Hello from UK in Introduce Yourself
- Third-party Windows Phone tool allows for custom ROMs in Front Page News
- FreeTel launching low-end Windows Mobile 10 powered Katana 01, from Nov 30 in Front Page News
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.