The camera raw converter functionality in Adobe Photoshop software provides fast and easy access to the raw image formats produced by many leading professional and mid-range digital cameras. By working with these "digital negatives," you can achieve the results you want with greater artistic control and flexibility while still maintaining the original raw files. The Photoshop Camera Raw plug-in became the latest must-have tool for professional photographers when it was released in February 2003. This powerful plug-in has been frequently updated to support more cameras and include more features and is available as part of Adobe Photoshop CS5. Adobe Photoshop Lightroom software is built upon the same powerful raw processing technology that is available in the Camera Raw plug-in.
These items have been FIXED in Camera Raw 6.6:
- New camera profiles for Nikon D3, D3000, D3000s, and D700 to address issues with highlight posterization
- ACR 6.5 clicking “Choose target folder button makes APD frozen (Mac only)
- Fuji S200 rendering highlights with green cast
- Lightroom crashes when saving keyword to file
- Scrolling can perform too fast when using the trackpad
- Snapshops don’t reset when in local corrections only with global corrections
- Fixed issue red eye reduction for images converted to B & W.
- Fixed issue with overcorrection of vignette.
- Fixed issue with color noise reduction at extreme color temperatures.
- Fixed issue with noise reduction when using local exposure adjustment.