Advanced Micro Devices gained 2.5 percentage points of the worldwide microprocessor market last quarter, iSuppli Corp said Tuesday, a much greater gain than the research group had estimated. Intel, AMD's bigger rival, lost 2 percentage points of market share compared with the previous quarter in iSuppli's final second-quarter microchip revenue market survey, compared with a July estimate of a 0.5 point gain. AMD's revised estimated advance, up from iSuppli's July estimate of 0.5 percent, gave it a 13.4 percent share of overall microprocessor revenue in the second quarter, while Intel had 78.8 percent, iSuppli said.
- Happy 25th birthday Hubble in Science Discussion & News
- Vocal EDM recommendations in Wall of Sound
- Crimes people commit? in General Discussion
- Pre-order crisis looms as 3.4m UK gamers hold off in Gamers' Hangout
- The Big Wrestling Thread! in The Sporting Arena
- Fan Controllers... in Hardware Hangout
- Windows 10 Windows To Go USB in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- April 2015 Desktops in General Discussion
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.