Advanced Micro Devices gained 2.5 percentage points of the worldwide microprocessor market last quarter, iSuppli Corp said Tuesday, a much greater gain than the research group had estimated. Intel, AMD's bigger rival, lost 2 percentage points of market share compared with the previous quarter in iSuppli's final second-quarter microchip revenue market survey, compared with a July estimate of a 0.5 point gain. AMD's revised estimated advance, up from iSuppli's July estimate of 0.5 percent, gave it a 13.4 percent share of overall microprocessor revenue in the second quarter, while Intel had 78.8 percent, iSuppli said.
- Math problem from 9th grade that's stuck on my mind ... in General Discussion
- Is there anything Windows 10 does better? in Microsoft Beta (Windows 10)
- Destiny in Gamers' Hangout
- Bloodborne in Sony Console
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt in Gamers' Hangout
- Meet the browser: Chrome Next in Web Browser Discussion & Support
- Have you retired your last-gen consoles? in Gamers' Hangout
- Meet the browser: Microsoft Edge Next in Web Browser Discussion & Support
Please enter your reason for reporting this comment.
The following codes can be used in comments.