Apple has released Boot Camp 3.1 which now includes Windows 7 support.
The new firmware updates and Boot Camp is designed for both 32-bit or 64-bit versions of Windows 7. Boot Camp 3.1 adds support for Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional and Ultimate editions. Apple's wireless keyboard and Magic Mouse are also now supported. The update also fixes issues with the Apple trackpad and disables the red digital audio port LED on laptop computers when not in use.
Alongside the Boot Camp update Apple also made a iMac firmware upgrade available. Apple originally planned to release Boot Camp 3.1 before the end of 2009 but due to extra testing the update was delayed until today.
All Intel based Macs are supported except the following:
- iMac (17-inch, Early 2006)
- iMac (17-inch, Late 2006)iMac (20-inch, Early 2006)
- iMac (20-inch, Late 2006)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, Early 2006)
- MacBook Pro (17-inch, Late 2006)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2006)
- MacBook Pro (17-inch, Early 2006)
- Mac Pro (Mid 2006, Intel Xeon Dual-core 2.66GHz or 3GHz)
View: Apple Boot Camp 3.1