AMD released version 11.4 of their ATI video card driver package.Highlights of the AMD Catalyst 11.4 Windows release includes:
Enhancements to the AMD VISION Engine Control Center / AMD Catalyst Control Center
New task based Display Management controls
- Simplifies the configuration of displays and display settings
New Eyefinity setup group
- Setting up an Eyefinity group has never been easier
AMD Catalyst update notification (found within the Information Center)
- This feature notifies users that new AMD Catalyst software packages are available
GPU Compute enhancements:
- The OpenCL runtime (included in AMD Catalyst 11.4) includes performance enhancements supporting zero-copy on APUs and increased performance for PCIe transfers between a CPU and discrete GPU.
A number of performance enhancements are seen with the AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series and AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series:
- Call of Duty Black Ops – gains of up to 15% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single GPU configurations.
- Battleforge – gains of up to 15% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single and multiple GPU configurations.
- Batman Arkham Asylum – gains of up to 20% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single and multiple GPU configurations.
- Aliens vs. Predator – gains of up to 8% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single and multiple GPU configurations.
- Civilization 5 – gains of up to 15% on single and multiple GPU configurations.
- Far Cry 2 – gains of up to 6% on single and multiple GPU configurations.
- Just Cause 2 – gains of up to 9% on single and multiple GPU configurations.
- Lost Planet 2 – gains of up to 10% on single and multiple GPU configurations.
Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System
This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst 11.4 software suite for Windows 7. These include:
- The GPU no longer shows high GPU usage after running Firefox 4 with hardware acceleration enabled.
- Bioshock no longer displays random tearing and screen corruption with Vsync and MLAA enabled.
- Water textures no longer flicker in Two Worlds II in Crossfire mode.
- Bulletstorm lightshafts no longer appear broken when running on a HD 6970 series product.
- Bulletstorm no longer displays random texture corruption when running in Crossfire mode.
- FI 2010 no longer slows down intermittently when in Crossfire mode.
- PowerDVD no longer crashes if Crossfire is enabled / disabled during playback of a BD title.
- WinDVD no longer displays corrupted BD playback when the monitor is rotated to portrait mode.
- Crysis Warhead corruption is no longer randomly observed when launching the game.
- Running the Heaven benchmark no longer displays graphics corruption during DirectX 11 tests.
- Catalyst Control Center Avivo settings are now correctly displayed after connecting a secondary display.
- The Catalyst Control Center screen no longer flickers while adjusting screen brightness.