Avidemux is a free video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering and encoding tasks. It supports many file types, including AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF, using a variety of codecs. Tasks can be automated using projects, job queue and powerful scripting capabilities.
Avidemux is available for Linux, BSD, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows under the GNU GPL license.
What's new in this version:
- Restored AC3 and MP2 encoding (regression introduced 2.5.5)
- Added support for latest x264 core
- Updated the FFmpeg libraries (version 0.9)
- Drag-and-drop no longer blocks source application for Qt interface
- Resolved Windows XP 32-bit stability issues (regression introduced 2.5.5)
- Windows 7 taskbar now displays encoding progress
- Improved crash reporting on Windows especially Win64
- Compilation fixes for OS X Snow Leopard and Lion
- Various minor fixes and enhancements