BufferZone protects your system by creating a virtual "Buffer" zone where all unknown and untrusted applications can safely run. Unlike traditional antivirus software, no signature update is required when new viruses appear. BufferZone was designed to complement your anti-virus which will continue to detect known viruses within the Virtual Zone and outside of it. You should always keep your anti-virus on. Spyware scanners detect very specific threats by identifying specific files, registry keys, cookies, etc. The scanner must be updated periodically with new threat parameters (in a similar way to conventional antivirus software). BufferZone does not detect specific threats, but provides total system protection with the Virtual Zone, and does not need updates avoiding critical time when new attacks arrive.
BufferZone is the only security software that creates a separate environment allowing you unlimited freedom to enjoy the Internet without the fear of external threats.
With Buffer Zone you can finally:
- Surf anywhere & download anything worry free.
- Open email attachments with no fear.
- Share and chat with your friends safely.
- E-bank with peace of mind.
- Keep private files & folders invisible to malicious attacks.
- Use external media/storage with no threat of PC infection.
How is BufferZone different from antivirus software?
BufferZone protects your system by creating a virtual "Buffer" zone where all unknown and untrusted applications can safely run. Unlike traditional antivirus software, no signature update is required when new viruses appear.
What's new in this version:
This is a minor version which includes few bug fixes and minor enhancements.
Confidential Files Exclusion
It is now possible to define files and folders to be excluded from Confidential files definition, while they reside under a confidential folder.
Bug Fixes (partial list)
- Several rare situations which might result in an Operating System instability
- Snapshot restore sometimes failed
- Error message when accessing CD/DVD which does not contain a media
- BufferZone overlay icons were sometimes not shown correctly