Thanks Bryan84 for this news tip submitted to Back Page News.
CCleaner is a freeware system optimization, privacy and cleaning tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner. But the best part is that it's fast (normally taking less than a second to run) and contains NO Spyware or Adware! :)
Cleans the following:
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Windows - Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files and Log files.
- Registry cleaner
- Third-party applications
- 100% Spyware FREE
- Added FTP Account cleaning.
- Added support for Paint Shop Pro X3, VLC Media Player, MediaMonkey, Winamp, Malwarebytes Anti Malware, Avast! Antivirus and WinPatrol.
- Improved support for Quicktime Player, Ad-Aware and AntiVir Desktop.
- Added support for Firefox based browser Pale Moon.
- Improved support for expanding environment variables %ProgramFiles% and "%CommonProgramFiles%" to both 32-bit and 64-bit folders.
- Added new environment variables: %ProgramFiles32%, %ProgramFiles64%, "%CommonProgramFiles32%", "%CommonProgramFiles64%".
- Splitter bar is no longer misbehaving when cleaning is in progress.
- Improved navigation using keyboard.
- Fixed bug in Startup Tool on Windows 2000.
- Minor tweaks and fixes.