Doctor Web has released a public beta version of its utility Dr.Web CureIt! 7.0. Dr.Web CureIt! is a popular malicious-software-removal- and system-curing tool combining all the advantages of the alternative commercial products offered by other vendors. The enhanced mode, designed to counter Windows locker programs, and compatibility with other anti-viruses are the key features of this application. This utility incorporates the latest IT security technologies that enable it to neutralize even the most dangerous threats.
Dr.Web CureIt is a standalone anti-virus and anti-spyware scanner that scans your PC for viruses, trojans, adware, spyware, hack tools, rootkits, and other malware. The program does not require an installation and can be run from a USB drive. This is an on-demand scanner only, it can detect and remove virus infections but does not provide any real-time protection. Dr.Web CureIt is based on the ICSA certified Dr. Web scanning engine and should provide reliable detection.
Dr.WEB CureIt! contains the most up-to-date add-ons to the Dr.WEB virus bases going up to twice per hour frequency at periods of high malware submissions.
Free of charge for non-commercial use only.
What's new in this version:
- A new scanning subsystem that can scan computer disks in a multithreaded mode to fully benefit from multi-core processors.
- Significant increase in the scanning speed.
- Greatly enhanced stability of the program virtually eliminates the possibility of BSOD ("blue screen of death") during the scanning.
- Completely redesigned user interface.
- Rootkit search subsystem.
- Advanced custom scan features that allow to scan a computer memory, boot sectors, startup objects, etc.
- An option to block a network connection during the scanning.
- An option to shut down an operating system as soon as the scanning is complete.
- Scanning a PC BIOS for "bioskits" — malicious programs infecting a PC BIOS.