EditPad Lite is a compact general-purpose text editor. EditPad Lite is extremely configurable. Many settings can be made per file type. This allows you to automatically enable coding features when you are editing source code, while enabling other writing features when you are editing other text files. EditPad Lite sports one of the most extensive search-and-replace features of any text editor. Quickly find the part of the file you want to edit. Automate much tedious editing with clever use of EditPad Lite's search-and-replace. EditPad Lite handles DOS/Windows, UNIX/Linux and Macintosh line breaks. Open and save text files encoded in Unicode (UTF-8, UTF-16 and UTF-32), any Windows code page, any ISO-8859 code page, and a variety of DOS, Mac, EUC, EBCDIC, and other legacy code pages. Convert files between any of these encodings.
Use EditPad Lite to easily edit any kind of plain text file. EditPad Lite has all the essential features to make text editing a breeze:
- Large file and long line support.
- Full Unicode support, including complex scripts and right-to-left scripts.
- Direct editing of text files using Windows, UNIX, and mac Mac text encodings (code pages) and line breaks.
- Tabbed interface for working with many files.
- Unlimited undo and redo for all open files, even after saving.
- Automatic backup and working copies prevent data loss.
- Powerful search-and-replace with literal search terms and regular expressions that can span multiple lines.
EditPad Lite is free for personal use only. If you use EditPad Lite at home or at school for purposes that don't generate money, you can download the free version of EditPad Lite without any kind of payment or registration.