The Emsisoft Emergency Kit contains a collection of programs that can be used without a software installation to scan and clean infected computers for malware. The most recent remodeled version of Emsisoft Emergency Kit 2.0 is the first portable free malware scanner with dual-scan engine. The emergency kit against virtual parasites of any kind can be launched directly from removable media devices such as USB sticks or a CD-ROM without being installed.
The highlights of Emsisoft Emergency Kit 2.0:
- The only free dual-engine malware scanner, awarded several times in numerous tests.
- More than five million signatures with hourly updates (if done manually) to ensure best up-to-dateness and detection rate.
- On average 450% faster scans when compared to earlier versions thanks to optimization for multi-core systems and completely revised detection technology.
- Less consumption of resources through efficient programming.
- Better rootkit detection thanks to Direct Disk Access scan mode.
- A new internal evaluation system for significantly fewer false alerts in practice.
Emsisoft Emergency Kit 2.0 features the technology of Emsisoft Anti-Malware, which is currently one of the industry’s best scan engines (see current test reports), and comes at absolutely no cost.
The kit consists of the following four programs:
- Emsisoft Emergency Kit Scanner
- Emsisoft Commandline Scanner
- Emsisoft HiJackFree
- Emsisoft BlitzBlank
These tools enable reliable detection and removal of many different kinds of malware.