FBackup is a free backup software that protects your important data by backing it up automatically to any USB/Firewire device, local or network location. The backed up data can be either compressed (using standard zip compression) or an exact copy of the original files.
FBackup can easily back up sources from local drives (including USB connected drives) to destinations such as USB/Firewire connected devices or mapped network locations. It creates either standard zip files (when using "full backup"), or exact copies of the original sources without any compression (using "mirror backup"). The best thing about this freeware backup software is that it protects your data for free. You define a backup job, set it to run automatically, and forget about it. FBackup will automatically run the backup at the scheduled date, so you have the benefits not only of having your data protected, but you'll also save precious time.
FBackup is a backup software free for both commercial and personal use. This means that you can save some money by not having to buy another backup program.
What's new in this version:
- Fix: FBackup stopped working in certain situations when the "Start at Windows Start-up" option was checked and the computer came out of hibernation
- Fix: The "Getting Started" window was showing behind the main window when starting up.
- Fix: FBackup froze when trying to run a scheduled task with that had the "Close after run" option checked
- Fix: Built-in scheduler was not created on Windows 8
- Fix: Backup open files was not working correctly