Fences is the widely popular application from Stardock that helps you wrangle up those icons spread out all over your desktop. The v1.1 update for Fences Pro is out today with various fixes and improvements.
- Added ability to toggle hidden fences at startup
- Added "Hide shortcut arrows on desktop icons" to Appearance tab
- Reliability improvements based on user feedback
- Numerous small UI tweaks
- Improved multi-monitor support
- Icons no longer have risk of falling out of their fence on F5 and/or monitor resize
- Fixed flicker when moving a fence behind the taskbar on Win7
- Fixed issue where new icons could become "stranded" until interacted with, particularly on XP
- Fixed issue where moving Fences beneath the bottom of the screen exhibited odd behavior
- Improved "Disable Fences" functionality
- Fences now "come to the front" when moved. Fixes behavior where you could move a Fence behind another and then lose access to it.
Current users can update via Impulse. More information about Fences can be found at its website.