Mozilla Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser. Firefox includes pop-up blocking, tab-browsing, integrated Google search, simplified privacy controls, a streamlined browser window that shows you more of the page than any other browser and a number of additional features that work with you to help you get the most out of your time online.
The Web is all about innovation, and Firefox sets the pace with dozens of new features to deliver a faster, more secure and customizable Web browsing experience for all.
User Experience. The enhancements to Firefox provide the best possible browsing experience on the Web. The new Firefox smart location bar, affectionately known as the "Awesome Bar," learns as people use it, adapting to user preferences and offering better fitting matches over time.
Performance. Firefox is built on top of the powerful new Gecko platform, resulting in a safer, easier to use and more personal product.
Security. Firefox raises the bar for security. The new malware and phishing protection helps protect from viruses, worms, trojans and spyware to keep people safe on the Web.
Customization. Everyone uses the Web differently, and Firefox lets users customize their browser with more than 5,000 add-ons.
What’s New in Firefox 18.0.1:
- FIXED 18.0.1: Problems involving HTTP Proxy Transactions (Associated bugs)
- FIXED 18.0.1: Unity player crashes on Mac OS X (bug 828954)
- FIXED 18.0.1: Disabled HIDPI support on external monitors to avoid rendering glitches (bug 814434)
- NEW Support for Retina Display on OS X 10.7 and up
- NEW Preliminary support for WebRTC
- CHANGED Experience better image quality with our new HTML scaling algorithm
- CHANGED Performance improvements around tab switching
- DEVELOPER Support for new DOM property window.devicePixelRatio
- DEVELOPER Improvement in startup time through smart handling of signed extension certificates
- HTML5 Support for W3C touch events implemented, taking the place of MozTouch events
- FIXED Disable insecure content loading on HTTPS pages (62178)
- FIXED Improved responsiveness for users on proxies (769764)