Firefox 2 Tweak Guide

The release of Mozilla Firefox 2 further expands the capabilities and features of this highly regarded Internet browser, proving that just because you are popular doesn't mean you should slack off. Some of the new and updated features include: a visual refresh, integrated phishing protection, browser session resuming, live Titles and JavaScript 1.7 support, among others.

Regardless of how you feel about Mozilla Firefox, it's quite fair to say that much of the change and innovation in Internet browsers in recent years has happened because of it. This guide goes through numerous configuration tips and tweaks for Firefox 2, covering all aspects of the browser such as the options menu, preferences, CSS customization, interface, extensions and more.

Additionally, a TechSpot first - mini-videos are now sprinkled throughout the guide, better illustrating some of the content and options to be selected (all created using the excellent CamStudio).

View: Firefox 2 Tweak Guide @ TechSpot

Report a problem with article
Previous Story

Jade Empire Special Edition available on Steam!

Next Story

Devil May Cry 4 releasing this autumn

14 Comments

Commenting is disabled on this article.

much of the innovation in Internet browsers in recent years has happened because of it.

Excuse me. What innovation?
Majority of new and so called innovative features in Firefox are imported from Opera.
Have a look at this,

That comment was to be expected, and I agree with you that Opera was first to a bunch of stuff like tab browsing, and mouse gestures, font scaling etc. However that is taking our introduction slightly out of context, as we referred to Internet browsers in general, meaning how Mozilla unstuck Microsoft and pushed for further innovation across the board... not only in terms of features, but implementation, execution (remember how Opera was not free without ads?) and gaining valuable market share. In that context, Firefox has had much more impact than Opera ever did....... for better or worse, because if you ask me I would have also loved Opera getting its worth of market share.

JulioFranco said,
... not only in terms of features, but implementation, execution (remember how Opera was not free without ads?) and gaining valuable market share. In that context, Firefox has had much more impact than Opera ever did.......

IMHO, one of the most import Firefox impacts in the browser arena is the simple fact that it's open source. Moz has stirred-up community involvement like no other product short of Linux. It may not have innovated all of its individual little features, but Firefox has definitely been innovative as a whole when it comes to browsers.

like 60% of it is just a feature tour, not a tweak guide, and the other 40% that is a tweak guide is ripped off other more refined tweak guides.

I had to format my HDD a couple weeks ago, and start fresh. I've yet to reinstall FF. IE7's workin just great for me. And I was a pretty religious FF user before that format.

-Spenser

I still use Firefox, only for the plugins. After switching to mac, I tried using Camino and Safari, but came crawling back in the end to for my Adblock, my Slashdotter, my TabMixPlus, and my Stylish plugins, all doing their thing and making the web a MUCH better place to be.