foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. It features the simplest, most minimalistic interface you'll ever see in this kind of program. Other features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
- Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, SND... and more with additional components.
- Gapless playback.
- Full unicode support.
- Easily customizable user interface layout.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
- Full ReplayGain support.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture allowing third-party developers to extend functionality of the player
What's new in this version:
- Worked around playback/output preferences crash on Windows 2003.
- ID3v2 tagging compatibility improvements:
- Non-compliant ID3v2.3 TYER allowed by default since various other popular software does it.
- Option to write “rating” as TXXX for the few people who want it.
- Fixed properties dialog field copy/paste inconsistency when copying specific fields from single to multiple files.
- ReplayGain scanner: added additional warnings when trying to scan a very large group of tracks as a single album.
- ReplayGain scanner: addressed extreme memory usage when scanning a large group of tracks as a single album.
- Cleaned up embedded cuesheet handling code.
- Faster FLAC tag updates when full file rewrite is necessary.
- Sanitized FLAC tag updating behaviors in low-memory conditions.