foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
- Improved performance when playing very short tracks.
- Improved tag compatibility with other software.
- “Album artist” is mapped to ID3v2 TPE2 like in WMP/iTunes.
- Support for iTunes “itunescompilation” tags, in MP3/ID3v2 and MP4.
- ID3v2.3 tags are now written by default since version 2.4 seems to be widely ignored by software vendors.
- Added support for multi-value WMA tags.
- Read more about tagging changes
- Improved reading of MP3 encoding information headers written by alpha versions of LAME.
- ReplayGain scanner now uses libebur128 for improved accuracy.