foobar2000 is an advanced freeware audio player for the Windows platform. Some of the basic features include full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats.
What's new in this version:
- Worked-around a reported security problem with certain WAV files and buggy system codecs.
- Skip silence DSP improvements.
- Improved MP3 tag handling (ID3v2) compliance:
- More compliant WXXX parsing.
- More compliant ID3v2.4 date handling.
- Compressed 2.3 tags are now readable.
- Due to heavy structural changes in relevant code, please watch out for MP3 tagging regressions.
- Musepack decoding bug fixes. (beta 3)
- Fixed a converter bug with writing multichapter files. (beta 3)
- Improved FLAC/Vorbis metadata compatibility with other software. (beta 4, beta 5)
- Affected fields: “album artist”, “totaltracks”, “totaldiscs”.
- The old behavior can be restored with an Advanced Preferences switch.
- Support for playing WebM audio (beta 5)
- Support for iTunes gapless information in MP3 files (beta 5)