Thanks to American Ninja for the head's up last night.
An update for Epic's mega smash hit Gears of War will be released sometime tomorrow (Tuesday) which will address several of the bugs currently plaguing the game. Glitches for the most part have not been addressed in this update, but I'm sure Epic is working on fixing those as well.
Epic will also, late Wednesday night or early Thursday morning release some new multiplayer maps for the game. According to reports, two maps will be released - Raven Down and Old Bones. Raven Down takes place in a large battlefield, where a Raven helicopter has gone down. Of course the Locust Horde are there to make things interesting. And Old Bones takes place in the "Sera's Capitaline Museums" area, where the Locust Horde are trying to destroy all remaining traces of Humanity.
So we are getting a patch tomorrow, and some new content (for free remember, go go Epic) this week for the 2.7 million copy seller Gears of War. What issues are they fixing? Well here you go:
- Fixed aspect ratio distortion when using VGA cable with 4:3 displays at resolutions higher than 640x480
- Fixed voice issue with new players joining Player Match games in progress
- Players can now get the Achievement for "Dish Best Served Cold" when using Troika turret to kill RAAM
- Fixed rare situation where host could loop countdown and never start match
- Fixed rare situation where players could get stuck after chainsawing in multiplayer
- Reduced Grenade Tag melee distance
- Enabled "Strict" NAT check on host to prevent possible connection issues
- Optimized server browser queries to return results more quickly and prevent scroll bars from hiding quality of service icons
- Removed host name from Ranked match server browser
- Disabled security cameras in Ranked matches
- Ranked matches now require balanced teams (3v3 or 4v4)
- Increased penalty for quitting a Ranked match to -50 points
- Added additional cheat detection code
- Additional housekeeping updates
View: Original Story @ Joystiq