The K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of DirectShow filters, VFW/ACM codecs, and tools. Codecs and DirectShow filters are needed for encoding and decoding audio and video formats. The K-Lite Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your audio and movie files. With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play all the popular audio and video formats and even several less common formats.
K-Lite Codec Pack standard variant contains everything you need to play all the common video file formats. It contains Media Player Classic, which is an excellent player for video files. It also has (better) support for playback of DVDs. This pack is recommended for the average user.
What's new in this version:
- Updated Media Player Classic Home Cinema to version 220.127.116.1130
- Updated ffdshow to version 1.2.4478
- Updated LAV Filters to version 0.51.3-31-g1ace9bd
- Updated DC-Bass Source Mod to version 1.5
- Updated DirectVobSub to xy-VSFilter version 18.104.22.168
- Updated Codec Tweak Tool to version 5.4.3
- Updated MediaInfo Lite to version 0.7.59
- MediaInfo context menu is now only shown for known audio/video file extensions
- Added support for Opus audio files
There are a lot of good codec packs out there, but a lot contain illegal codecs. K-Lite Codec Pack (Standard) contains nothing but legal and clean codecs. Here you can find a list of all components that are included in the pack.