Maxthon Internet Browser software is a powerful tabbed browser with a highly customizable interface. It is now based on Webkit, but still offers use of the Internet Explorer browser engine as an option which means that what works in the IE browser will work the same in Maxthon tabbed browser but with many additional efficient features:
The Ultimate Out-of-box Experience
- Easy to use and powerful straight out of the box
- Download now for free, forever!
Maxthon Works the Way You Want It To
- Swap, add, move, remove, and change Maxthon's tool bars, icons, menus, colors, skins, and layouts until it looks the way you would have designed it.
- Don't like menus? Use hot keys, word aliases, toolbars, or mouse gestures - it's all up to you.
- Pick from more than 1,400 plug-ins that make Maxthon the do-all of browsers.
- Remote conferencing, screen capture, electronic passports, and automatic password inlcuded, free.
- Maxthon is 100% free of viruses, spyware, adware & any kind of malware.
- The built-in Ad Hunter blocks harmful, or just irritating ads, images and pages.
- Filter packs screen out offensive and irritating Web pages.
# New Feature:
* Reader Mode
- Left and Right arrow keys for page turning, Up and Down keys for scrolling.
- Closed the Options and Quick Access syncing feature temporarily for browser’s stability. Would add back after improving.
- Added white background for the bubbles.
- Enabled to drag the text box.
- Changed magnifier coordinate to screenshot size.
* Reader Mode
- Optimized the analysis of Super Next Page.
- Added friendly tips if “next page” was not suitable for Reader Mode.
- Enabled to remember user setting.
* Main Frame
- Interface display error with high-resolution display.
- A display problem caused by tool tips.
- The dialog box could not appear immediately when clicked “Clear Browser History” in Avatar Menu.
- Sometimes Tab List moved below the close button when maximize the browser window in Windows XP.
- User Panel disappeared sometimes.
- Improved the payment progress of 360buy.com.
- Failed to “Save as…” successfully for some pages.
- Fixed lots of crash problems.
- Optimized some page compatibility problems.
- Switching proxy problem.
- Problems of modifying items of “More Favorites” in Favorites Bar.
- Fixed a focus problem.
- The tooltip information was always there with the secondary menu of Favorites Bar displaying.
* Quick Access
- It still displayed the old account thumbnails after switching the account.
* Online Notepad
- Fixed a crash problem caused by dragging links.
- Confliction between double clicking for copying screenshot to the clipboard and Youdao Dictionary.
* Reader Mode
- Some websites could not load the next page automatically.
- “The Next Page” of some websites displayed some irrelevant content.
- Some websites should not be recognized as for Reader Mode.
- Some pages for Reader Mode displayed blank.
- Failed to exit Reader Mode for the reason of no hiding the drop-down list box.
* Smart Address Bar
- The cursor in the address bar was blocked sometimes.
* Source Sniffer
- Fixed a display problem.