Maxthon Internet Browser software is a powerful tabbed browser with a highly customizable interface. It is now based on Webkit, but still offers use of the Internet Explorer browser engine as an option which means that what works in the IE browser will work the same in Maxthon tabbed browser but with many additional efficient features:
The Ultimate Out-of-box Experience
- Easy to use and powerful straight out of the box
- Download now for free, forever!
Maxthon Works the Way You Want It To
- Swap, add, move, remove, and change Maxthon's tool bars, icons, menus, colors, skins, and layouts until it looks the way you would have designed it.
- Don't like menus? Use hot keys, word aliases, toolbars, or mouse gestures - it's all up to you.
- Pick from more than 1,400 plug-ins that make Maxthon the do-all of browsers.
- Remote conferencing, screen capture, electronic passports, and automatic password inlcuded, free.
- Maxthon is 100% free of viruses, spyware, adware & any kind of malware.
- The built-in Ad Hunter blocks harmful, or just irritating ads, images and pages.
- Filter packs screen out offensive and irritating Web pages.
Maxthon 3 is the newest member of the Maxthon family. Maxthon 3 has Dual Display Engines, two website rendering states that cover the WHOLE web in two modes: Ultra and Retro. Ultra, which uses Webkit, makes your surfing faster for newer, more current websites built to newer standards. Retro, which uses Trident, handles old, outdated and Microsoft IE optimized sites. Basically, Retro eliminates those moments when you go to a web page and parts of it don't work due to its ancient code. A dead give away for those sites is the dreaded, "This site works best in IE' message. In addition, Maxthon 3 has some pretty cool features that make your web surfing easier and faster: Mouse Gesture, Magic Fill, Ad Hunter, Smart Address Bar,and Online Favorites.
Maxthon's Ultra Mode is based on the Webkit rendering engine -- the industry standard used by folks like Apple and Google. Maxthon defaults to Ultra Mode, that is best for *most* websites. Older websites work best with another rendering engine: Trident. Maxthon 3 is the first web browser to utilize both.