mIRC is a full featured Internet Relay Chat client for Windows that can be used to communicate, share, play or work with others on IRC networks around the world, either in multi-user group conferences or in one-to-one private discussions.
It has a clean, practical interface that is highly configurable and supports features such as buddy lists, file transfers, multi-server connections, SSL encryption, proxy support, UTF-8 display, customizable sounds, spoken messages, tray notifications, message logging, and more.
mIRC also has a powerful scripting language that can be used both to automate mIRC and to create applications that perform a wide range of functions from network communications to playing games. mIRC has been in development for over a decade and is constantly being improved and updated with new technologies.
mIRC 7.28 Beta changes:
- Fixed help file issue that prevented /help command from jumping to the correct location on a help page.
- Fixed /run command issue that affected backward compatibility with ambiguous parameter formats used in older scripts.
- Fixed auto-hide nicklist not hiding when mouse is moved outside of the channel window in some contexts.
- Changed Escape key so that it clears the current editbox if the "Escape key minimizes window" option is not enabled.
- Fixed channel nicklist popup menu being wrongly displayed when right-clicking in nicklist area and nicklist is auto-hidden.
- Fixed /exit -r bug not restarting mIRC when scripts editor dialog is open with unsaved files.
- Updated libraries to zlib 1.2.7.
- Fixed tips bug that caused tips to flicker briefly in view when the "Hide tips when locked" option is enabled and a message is received while mIRC is minimized and locked.
- Fixed editbox buffer bugs that appeared in different contexts, such as when combinations of Control+Up/Down were pressed or the editbox contained multiple lines entered with the Alt+Enter key.
- Changed SSL feature to store SSL certificate hashes cache in the servers.ini file instead of mirc.ini. Also, hashes are now stored for all certificates, good or bad. If a certificate is good but has changed since the last connection, a warning is now displayed.
- Fixed /hotlink bug that prevented hotlink popup menus from being displayed.
- Changed display bitmap cache to check if mIRC has been blocked from capturing screen buffer (which can happen with security software). If it has, mIRC reverts to slower, non-cache display method.
- Fixed full screen menu item not being checked when full screen mode is enabled.
- Fixed script editor bug that caused a freeze when saving popups to a non-ini file in certain situations.
- Changed font dialog so that when "set as default" is checked, "use default" is automatically checked as well.
- Fixed maximized window position not being saved when the "on startup minimize mIRC to tray" option is enabled.