Back in 2010 we made a half-hearted attempt to launch a T-Shirt store and set about asking members to come up with cool designs for Neowin. Unfortunately the winner never got back to us, and we were unable to use the design. To cut a long story short, some of the runner up entries also proved too expensive to manufacture and the 2nd placed entry has since lost the original template, meaning we can't use that either!
So this time around we're going to go about it differently. We've already launched a store in partnership with threadsquad and ex-staff member Andrew Lyle who helped us set it up. He has also given us exact specifications that can be used. So, if you win, or get selected it will become a reality!
At the moment we have some very basic designs up on the store, and I've been adding some more based on user feedback. I'm also happy to report that we've already sold ten shirts since launching on Monday afternoon, so thanks to those members!
Our awesome effort, but we know you can do better!
What can I win?
- First place: $50 and a copy of your own shirt shipped to you.
- Second place: $25 and a copy of your shirt shipped to you.
- Any others selected: a copy of your shirt shipped to you.
- You must be a registered member on Neowin.
- All entries must be posted to this forum thread.
- Image(s) must be uploaded using our attachments system in the forums.
- If selected, you waive ownership of the design so that Neowin can use it exclusively at threadsquad.
For best print quality, all submitted designs should meet the following requirements:
- PNG format with transparent background
- Colors must be RGB.
- At least 200 DPI (300 DPI recommended)
- Minimum 1000px x 1000px resolution (2200px x 3000px recommended) used on shirt front, not sleeves.
- Less than 5MB
- The Neowin font is "comfortaa" (also found on Google fonts) although this is not required.
The Neowin logo (zipped) archive can be downloaded here.
The staff will vote on the entries, but we'll also be taking into consideration member feedback as well in the official thread, plus if you are selected, the awesome feeling you'll get knowing that your shirt will be worn all over the world by our members.
Entries will be accepted between now and July 11, after which the voting process will start.