Create PDF files, comment and review, save PDF forms, extract text and images, type text directly onto the page, and more. Nitro's new free PDF reader takes the key features that you want in a PDF reader, a familiar interface, and smooth functionality and combines them into an eminently usable program that doesn't get in between you and your documents. Nitro has turned the free PDF alternative business model on its ear by providing you with a smart selection of watermark-free editing, drag-and-drop PDF creation, and tabbed PDF reading.
Nitro Reader offers navigation panes, including Pages, Bookmarks, Comments, Output, Signatures, and Attachments, allowing for easy navigation of larger documents, and providing a central location for additional content.
Nitro Reader is the only free PDF reader to offer the ability to create PDF from virtually any Windows application. Create PDF files from over 300 different formats. Comment, review, and collaborate. Fill and save PDF forms. Extract text and images. Type text directly onto the page. Nitro Reader offers a range of powerful tools to extract text and images, allowing you to work with PDF in a way you probably didn't think possible in a free reader. With Nitro Reader, you can keep viewing and accessing PDF files originating from just about anywhere. You can just do more with them.
Expect 100% compatibility with Adobe Acrobat — and every other widely-used solution — with support for all PDF files up to and including the current standard (v1.7).
Changes in 2.1:
- 64-bit Thumbnail Preview: Thumbnail Provider generates navigable previews of PDF files in Windows Explorer 64-bit.
- Web Browser Select Tool: Browser plug-in now has Select tool, allows for selection/copying of text and images.
- Nitro PDF Creator 2: Significant improvements to performance and robustness of creator.
- Expanded Page Zoom: Now supports maximum of 6400% and minimum of 1%
- Enhanced Text Recognition: Improved paragraph and formatting recognition.