Create PDF files, comment and review, save PDF forms, extract text and images, type text directly onto the page, and more. Nitro's new free PDF reader takes the key features that you want in a PDF reader, a familiar interface, and smooth functionality and combines them into an eminently usable program that doesn't get in between you and your documents. Nitro has turned the free PDF alternative business model on its ear by providing you with a smart selection of watermark-free editing, drag-and-drop PDF creation, and tabbed PDF reading.
Nitro Reader offers navigation panes, including Pages, Bookmarks, Comments, Output, Signatures, and Attachments, allowing for easy navigation of larger documents, and providing a central location for additional content.
Nitro Reader is the only free PDF reader to offer the ability to create PDF from virtually any Windows application. Create PDF files from over 300 different formats. Comment, review, and collaborate. Fill and save PDF forms. Extract text and images. Type text directly onto the page. Nitro Reader offers a range of powerful tools to extract text and images, allowing you to work with PDF in a way you probably didn't think possible in a free reader. With Nitro Reader, you can keep viewing and accessing PDF files originating from just about anywhere. You can just do more with them.
What's new in this version:
- Remember Last Location initiates Open and Save dialogues in the directory you were last working in
- Google Search is available for words that are highlighted in the web browser plugin through the right click context menu
- Unused fonts are now removed from PDF documents during creation
- Enable IE plugin easily through Help > Support Tools, when Nitro Pro is installed
- Subset fonts are now marked within PDF documents passing online validation systems
- Significant rendering improvements
- Significant stability improvements
- Nitro Creator freezes host application when the user has insufficient privileges to access the virtual printer