Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
What's new in this version:
- Fix config.xml zero length bug after Windows' update (Notepad++ is forced to quit).
- Fix a crash issue on save as command.
- Fix saving file fails silently bug.
- Fix a buffer overflow bug.
- Add case sensitive option for smart highlighting feature.
- Enhance the localization system.
- Fix a behavior issue on Windows shutdown.
- Enhance comment operations: add stream Uncomment command and cross-calling of block feature.
- Enhance TAB to space and space to TAB commands.