Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
What's new in this version:
- Fix replacing '\n' bug in both extended and regex mode
- Remember folding states for each file in session
- Fix a crash bug on uncommenting
- Add "Set Updater proxy..." command for setting the proxy of updater
- Fix the problem of Window position not saved/restored properly
- Add new API NPPM_GETCURRENTVIEW