Notepad++ is a free source code editor (and Notepad replacement), which supports several programming languages, running under the MS Windows environment.
This project, based on the Scintilla edit component (a very powerful editor component), written in C++ with pure win32 api and STL (that ensures the higher execution speed and smaller size of the program), is under the GPL Licence.
Here's Notepad++ v5.1.4 new Features and Fixed bugs
1. Add localization on run time feature : Change language on the run time for Unicode version (via preferences dialog).
2. Add the ability to force opened ANSI document as UTF-8 w/o BOM.
3. Fix verbose backup bug (while the backup dir is not set).
4. Fix bug that external lexer doesn't work with Unicode version.
5. Fix recent files list bug.
6. Include a help content file.
7. Add new plugin notification message NPPN_WORDSTYLESUPDATED.
8. Add 2 plugin messages for shortcut feature : NPPN_SHORTCUTREMAPPED notification and NPPM_GETSHORTCUTBYCMDID message.