If you're like me, having fun playing around with Microsoft's latest Windows 8.1 Preview, and own a NVIDIA based card then this might be something for you.
NVIDIA has posted a new beta driver, now at version 326.19. Windows 8.1 already includes the WHQL 326.01 driver, which is also available through Windows Update. Below is the changelog for the driver as well as 32 & 64-bit links.
This is a recommended driver update for the Windows 8.1 Preview and includes performance increases for several games.
New in GeForce R326 Drivers
- Performance Boost – Increases performance by up to 19% for GeForce 400/500/600/700 series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 320.49 WHQL-certified drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration. Here is one example of measured gains:
- GeForce GTX 770:
- Up to 15% in Dirt: Showdown
- Up to 6% in Tomb Raider
- GeForce GTX 770 SLI:
- Up to 19% in Dirt: Showdown
- Up to 11% in F1 2012
- SLI Technology
- Added SLI profile for Spinter Cell: Blacklist
- Added SLI profile for Batman: Arkham Origins
- Adds support for tiled 4K displays.
- Installs PhysX System Software 9.13.0604.
- Installs HD Audio v184.108.40.206
- Includes support for applications built using CUDA 5.5 or earlier version of the CUDA Toolkit. More information at http://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-toolkit
- Supports OpenGL 4.3 for GeForce 400-series and later GPUs.
- Supports DisplayPort 1.2 for GeForce GTX 600 series GPUs.
- Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
- Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.
Thanks for the tip in our forums Star Pirate!