OpalCalc is a brand new type of calculator for the PC. As easy to use as Notepad or a word processor, OpalCalc allows you to insert natural language as part of the sum, along with multi-line support so you can go back and adjust your previous calculations. Want a tiny footprint on the screen for a single sum? Resize accordingly. Want it to fill the screen for heavy-duty work? OpalCalc can adapt.
Featuring a lightweight footprint, on-the-fly calculation as you type, percentages, variable support, hundreds of units and functions, extensive notation support, intuitive design/documentation and much more. Once you've tried it, you'll never want to go back to your ordinary desktop (or PC) calculator again!
- Lightweight footprint (only 600k)
- Multiline support (notepad style)
- Configurable GUI with colour schemes
- Built-in 'Quickstart' tutorial
- Full colour coding
- Multiple undo/redo, zoom in/out, etc.
- Numerous built-in variables and functions (create your own too!)
- Percentage support
- Hundreds of measures, like kilograms and feet (create your own too)
- Extensive date and time support
- Currency support with conversion (data courtesy of themoneyconverter.com)
- Portable (260k from a pen drive!)
- Load/save/print support
- Programmer syntax and functions
- Custom number base support
- Advanced notation support
- Comma decimal point support for Europe, Russia, and South America etc.
What's new in this version:
- Crucial upgrade for anyone who works with variables.
- Using divide in conjunction with variables was broke since v1.35. This is now fixed.
- OpalCalc won't now allow creation of a function with a name from an already existing permanent variable.