A full-featured Internet browser, Opera includes pop-up blocking, tabbed browsing, integrated searches, and advanced functions like Opera's groundbreaking E-mail program, RSS Newsfeeds and IRC chat. And because we know that our users have different needs, you can customize the look and content of your Opera browser with a few clicks of the mouse.
- Speed Dial: Your favorite sites are just one click away at all times.
- Search Shortcuts: Faster search - type your queries directly into the address bar.
- Trash Can: Instantly reopen recently closed tabs.
- Mouse Gestures: With Opera you can navigate the Web with your mouse.
- Opera Link: Synchronize data of your choice online, or among different computers and devices.
- Quick Find: Opera remembers not only the titles and addresses, but also the actual content of the Web pages you visit.
- Feed Preview: Preview a Feed by clicking on the feed icon, and you will see it in clean and efficient multiple-column layout.
- Quick and customizable Web search: Get quick access to Google, eBay, Amazon and more with the search field in the upper right corner.
Fixes and Stability Enhancements since Opera 12.12:
General and User Interface
- Fixed an issue where Opera gets internal communication errors on Facebook
- Fixed an issue where no webpages load on startup, if Opera is disconnected from the Internet
- Fixed an issue where images will not load after back navigation, when a site uses the HTML5 history API (deviantart.com)
- A new stand-alone update-checker, as part of a planned upgrade of the auto-update system
- Improved protection against hijacking of the default search, including a one-time reset
- Fixed an issue where DOM events manipulation might be used to execute arbitrary code, as reported by Arthur Gerkis; see our advisory
- Fixed an issue where use of SVG clipPaths could allow execution of arbitrary code, as reported by anonymous via the iSIGHT Partners GVP Program; see our advisory
- Fixed a low severity security issue; details will be disclosed at a later date
- Fixed an issue where CORS requests could omit the preflight request, as reported by webpentest; see our advisory