Pale Moon is a custom-built and optimized Firefox-based browser for Windows operating systems with current, high performance processors. It looks identical to the standard Firefox browser and supports Firefox extensions, themes and identities.
- Highly optimized for modern processors
- 100% Firefox sourced: As safe as the browser that has seen years of development.
- Uses slightly less memory because of disabled redundant and optional code
- Significant speed increases for page drawing and script processing
- Stability: experience fewer browser crashes.
- Support for SVG and Canvas, and downloadable fonts including WOFF
- Support for HTML5 and WebGL (v4+)
- Support for Firefox extensions (add-ons), themes and personas
- Support for OOPP (Out-of-process plugin execution)
- Able to use existing Firefox bookmarks and settings with this migration tool
Version 12.1 is a minor update but introducing some new features.
Most important changes:
- Privacy issue: clear the QuickDial page when history is cleared
- Better, neutral background color for raw image viewing
- Smooth scrolling improved; also disabled smooth scrolling for page-by-page by default
- Smooth scrolling can now be configured/tuned in detail in Advanced Options
- Some changes to the build method for x64 for potentially better performance on some systems