Pale Moon is a custom-built and optimized Firefox-based browser for Windows operating systems with current, high performance processors. It looks identical to the standard Firefox browser and supports Firefox extensions, themes and identities.
- Highly optimized for modern processors
- 100% Firefox sourced: As safe as the browser that has seen years of development.
- Uses slightly less memory because of disabled redundant and optional code
- Significant speed increases for page drawing and script processing
- Stability: experience fewer browser crashes.
- Support for SVG and Canvas, and downloadable fonts including WOFF
- Support for HTML5 and WebGL (v4+)
- Support for Firefox extensions (add-ons), themes and personas
- Support for OOPP (Out-of-process plugin execution)
- Able to use existing Firefox bookmarks and settings with this migration tool
Pale Moon 15.4 is a bugfix update that addresses a number of security, stability and performance issues:
- Deal with bogus Turktrust certs MFSA 2013-20
- Several memory security hazards fixed MFSA 2013-01
- Updated OTS library to r95 to fix potential font-related exploits
- Security fix for libpixman stack buffer overflow
- Fix for certain types of input lag on Twitter/Facebook & other sites with unnecessary DOM invalidations
- Fix for HTTP pipelining re-use (improve pipelining logic)
- Performance&stability updates to cairo and direct2d back-end
- Improved performance for repeat gradients