Pale Moon is a custom-built and optimized Firefox-based browser for Windows operating systems with current, high performance processors. It looks identical to the standard Firefox browser and supports Firefox extensions, themes and identities.
- Highly optimized for modern processors
- 100% Firefox sourced: As safe as the browser that has seen years of development.
- Uses slightly less memory because of disabled redundant and optional code
- Significant speed increases for page drawing and script processing
- Stability: experience fewer browser crashes.
- Support for SVG and Canvas, and downloadable fonts including WOFF
- Support for HTML5 and WebGL (v4+)
- Support for Firefox extensions (add-ons), themes and personas
- Support for OOPP (Out-of-process plugin execution)
- Able to use existing Firefox bookmarks and settings with this migration tool
Pale Moon 8.0 is a new major update building on the Firefox 8.0 code base, with additional fixes to improve cache and network handling for faster page loading. Full details can be found in the Release notes.
- Improved cache handling: this will make the browser handle system resources more efficiently on most systems.
- Improved networking: communication with web servers should be noticeably faster and smoother
- Fix for a rare image decoding bug (garbage, possible crashes)