Process Hacker is a free and open source process viewer and memory editor with unique features such as powerful process termination. It can show services, processes and their threads, modules, handles and memory regions.
Key features of Process Hacker:
- A simple, customizable tree view with highlighting showing you the processes running on your computer.
- Detailed system statistics with graphs.
- Advanced features not found in other programs, such as detaching from debuggers, viewing GDI handles, viewing heaps, injecting and unloading DLLs, and more.
- Powerful process termination that bypasses security software and rootkits.
- View, edit and control services, including those not shown by the Services console.
- View and close network connections.
- Starts up almost instantly, unlike other programs.
- Many more features...
Compared with Process Explorer, Process Hacker:
• Implements almost all of the functionality offered by Process Explorer, plus more advanced features.
• Performs stack traces correctly for .NET programs on x64.
• Allows you to see what a thread is waiting on.
• Has advanced string scanning capabilities, as well as regular expression filtering.
• Highlights both relocated and .NET DLLs.
• Shows symbolic access masks (e.g. Read, Write), rather than just numbers (e.g. 0x12019f).
• Shows names for transaction manager objects and ETW registration objects.
• Shows detailed token information, as well as allowing privileges to be enabled and disabled.
New and Improved:
- Added App ID column for processes
- Added new ASLR information for Windows 8
- Added Restart to Boot Options and Hybrid Shutdown menu items for Windows 8
- Added ability to specify processes by their names and inject and unload DLLs in command line
- Removed 512 character limit when copying text
- Moved Terminator to Miscellaneous menu
- Updated default dbghelp.dll path for Windows SDK v8
- Updated ExtendedServices plugin:
- Added new triggers for Windows 8
- Fixed bug when restarting services
- Updated ExtendedTools plugin:
- Improved support for multiple GPUs (again)
- GPU column now respects "Include CPU usage of children" option
- Updated ToolStatus plugin:
- Fixed search box fonts
- Fixed controls not being properly hidden/removed from the window when disabled
- Updated WindowExplorer plugin:
- Fixed window list not displaying Modern UI windows
- Fixed Load Count column sorting bug
- Fixed signature verification on Windows 8
- Fixed task scheduler information on Windows 8
- Fixed drag bug in tree list
- Fixed KProcessHacker bug affecting TmTx objects
- Fixed Run As feature on Windows 8
- Fixed bug where -settings parameter is not propagated
- Fixed tab key behavior on main window
- Fixed recognition of Modern UI windows