Voodoo Extreme has word that Roboblitz which is an Xbox Live Arcade and Unreal Engine 3 powered title, will now debut on Valve's Steam platform within the next few weeks. Developed by Naked Sky Entertainment (what a name! ) and soon to be on Xbox Live Arcade itself, PC users will get their first taste of the much touted Unreal Engine 3. I must say I am quite surprised to see this announcement, though obviously it makes alot of sense. Roboblitz looks terrific, and the "physics" based puzzle gameplay makes it all the more interesting.
For those of you who have never heard of Roboblitz, here is a little bit about the game:
RoboBlitz is a humorous, physics-driven action game full of inventive gizmos, weapons, and environments. Players take on the role of Blitz, a multi-talented robot who must activate an aging Space Cannon to save his world from a band of maladjusted space pirates.
- It is Powered by Unreal Engine 3 Technology
- Gameplay is entirely driven by physics
- It has "advanced" robot simulation and control theory
- 19 levels of puzzle-solving goodness with intense action in 7 different environments
- Available in 8 languages including English, Japanese, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Korean and Chinese
- The entire game is under 50MB
Being this will be the first Unreal Engine 3 game released for any platform, it should prove quite interesting. The suggested retail price will be $14.99. I know I'll be playing it, what about you guys?
Link: Roboblitz Homepage (With screenshots)