Sandboxie allows you to run your browser, or any other program, so that all changes that result from the usage are kept in a sandbox environment, which can then be deleted later.
These are the changes to Sandboxie since version 3.62
Usability improvements in Sandboxie components
- Sandboxie Start menu loads more quickly; programs installed into the sandbox appear in a separate group in the menu.
- Shortcut links to programs in the sandbox are created with the proper icon and description.
- Fixed "Recovery to Any Folder" to behave the same way in the Quick Recovery window and in the Files and Folders View.
- New "cut to clipboard" feature in the Quick Recovery window and in the Files and Folders View.
- New "User Accounts" feature in Sandbox Settings can restrict use of the sandbox to specific user accounts.
Improvements for programs running under the control of Sandboxie
- Programs can re-establish a connection to a disconnected network share.
- Programs can be allowed to set up exceptions in the firewall (see Sandbox Settings > Restrictions > Hardware Access).
- Fixed a problem which caused Outlook under Sandboxie to lock up when accessing a digital certificate.
- Fixed an issue where Adobe Acrobat Reader would occasionally asked to check for updates.
Improved compatibility with other software
- Security software: COMODO Internet Security, Dr.Web Security Space, G Data Internet Security suite, Kaspersky, Microsoft Security Essentials,
- Browser utilities: AdFender, Folder Size, Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer, Logitech Scroll App, Nitro PDF v6 and v7, Sticky Password.
- Windows XP: Fixed a conflict with update KB2633171 which caused error message SBIE2304 to appear in some systems.