Soft2Base is a free portable Application Manager for Windows XP, Vista and 7 (32/64 bits). Based on its auto-updated catalog of free software, it will highlight outdated or missing applications and propose to download and install them in a single step. Use it to add efficient tools to your new Windows setups but also to upgrade already installed applications.
The GUI is in English, French and Italian, but you can install applications in any language. The Silent Install mode supports English, Bulgarian, Chinese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish and Turkish.
Soft2base says NO to unneeded toolbars and other junk:
By default, Soft2Base offers to download and install silently each application. You can obviously change this in the Options to specify your own setup options.
Soft2Base key features:
- Soft2Base can be used offline to deploy applications from a USB drive.
- Always up-to-date thanks to the online applications catalog.
- Can run offline from an USB drive
- Parallel download of application. First ready it is installed while other downloads are completed.
- Applications are installed with default parameters, without junk, without toolbar. But you can still use the standard install (non-silent) to customize your particular setup.
- AutoUpdate - The application catalog is automatically updated when starting Soft2Base.
This is a major update focusing on the stability of the interface:
- Select All/Unselect All visible applications
- Display icons next to filter captions
- Enhanced display when enlarging the window
- Added a scroll bar in the language select box
- New logo
- Smoother display of the applications list
- The progress bar of the installation is blue to differentiate it from the download ones (green). (Vista+ only)
- Enhanced GUI code for a better GUI experience
- Log entry when an application requires another one
- New applications: FlashPlayer for IE, TortoiseSVN