Soluto’s goal is to bring an end to the frustrations PC users encounter, with transparency, killer technology, and the wisdom of the crowd. Soluto’s software combines low-level technology with collective wisdom to detect PC users’ frustrations, reveal their causes, and learn which actions really eliminate them to improve user experience. All this data is gathered in Soluto’s PC Genome, a knowledgebase of frustrations and solutions built automatically through the usage of Soluto software, for the benefit of all PC users.
At the moment, Soluto includes 3 main features:
1. Chop Boot - allows you to understand your boot, discover which applications are slowing it down (and keep running later in the background, affecting your ongoing experience), and allows you to significantly improve it.
2. Lighten Web Browser – Shows you which toolbars, add-ons and plug-ins are 'riding' on your browser, what they do, and what they look like. Helps you easily remove unneeded ones, making your browser faster and more stable, and shows you whether other users chose to keep them or disable them. It also lets you revert back to your search provider of choice in case it was 'hijacked' by other software.
3. Heal Crashes – Changes the way you experience application crashes (that is, when applications unexpectedly ‘die’ and prompt Windows to send 'Crash Report' dialogs), analyzes application crashes against tens of millions of crashes already collected, and delivers solutions to prevent them from recurring.
Requires Windows XP SP2 and up.
What can power users do with Soluto?
- See what applications have crashed or been non-responsive recently
- Remotely install Skype, Dropbox, etc.
- Configure default browser, homepage and search engine
- See CPU temperature, fan speed, etc.
- Receive alerts about rare or problematic drivers
- Remove browser toolbars and other add-ons
- And more and more and more...