Speckie is a real-time spell checker for Internet Explorer that will automatically check your spelling as you type into online forms, post forum messages or write emails in your webmail account. It supports multiple dictionaries in different languages as well as custom dictionary entries. Whenever Speckie detects a misspelled word, it highlights it and you can choose the correct spelling from the right-click menu. Other features include customizable highlight styles and support for single-line and multi-line edit fields.
- The first and only real time dedicated spell checking solution for IE. Now battle hardened by thousands of users worldwide!
- The first and only spell checker that can use one or more dictionaries simultaneously.
- The first and only spell checker for the 64 bit version of IE.
- Translated to 32 different languages and with 33 dictionaries available.
- Optionally spell check single and/or multiple line edit fields.
- Add and manage words in per-language user dictionaries.
- Specialised dictionaries for the Medical, Legal and Financial sectors.
- Ability to configure the highlight of misspellings; suitable for the visually impaired.
- Works with CRM systems like Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 online.
- Works with Microsoft Outlook Web App 2010 and Outlook Web Access 2007.
- Improve productivity; no more waiting until you're done typing and clicking buttons to spell check!
- and much, much more...
Changes in Speckie v3.6 (23 February, 2012)
- Fixed an issue with rendering of the tag outside of edit fields on some websites.
- When toggling spell checking on an element, the HTML5 spellcheck attribute is now set on the element.
- Added an option in the Speckie Settings to specify which mouse button invokes the Speckie menu.*
- Added an option in the Speckie Settings to specify a keyboard shortcut that invokes the Speckie menu.*
*Feature available in commercial version only.