SpeedFan is a program that monitors voltages, fan speeds and temperatures in computers with hardware monitor chips. SpeedFan can even access S.M.A.R.T. info and show hard disk temperatures. SpeedFan supports SCSI disks too. SpeedFan can even change the FSB on some hardware (but this should be considered a bonus feature).
SpeedFan can access digital temperature sensors and can change fan speeds accordingly, thus reducing noise. SpeedFan can find almost any hardware monitor chip connected to the 2-wire SMBus (System Management Bus (trademark belonging to SMIF, Inc.), a subset of the I2C protocol) and works fine with Windows 9x, ME, NT, 2000, 2003, XP, Vista and Windows 7. It works with Windows 64 bit too.
- added full support for ATK0110
- added Advanced Fan Control including a graphical UI for configuration
- DELL support is now working on 64 bit systems too
- DELL support can change fan speeds, but if the BIOS is overriding it, there is little SpeedFan can do
- added support for ST STTS3000 and ST STTS2002 DIMM temperature sensors
- reported temperatures and fan speed on Sony Vaio VGN-FW21E
- fan speed is reported on some ASUS laptops with ATK0100 (like the F81Se and the K52JT)
- added preliminary identification of Fintek F71862
- PWM values can now be logged too
- temperatures are no longer tied to every fan speed as a default
- added F71809 PWM setting and reading
- improved SMART hard disk temperature reading if multiple attributes seem to report it
- rebuilt ARECA DLL with latest library and improved Areca RAID support
- more aggressive behaviour setting PWMs (this might help on systems where something else tries to change them)