StartIsBack returns Windows 8 a real fully featured start menu and start button, behaving exactly like the ones in Windows 7. StartIsBack radically improves desktop usability and makes new Start screen clutter-free. StartIsBack is fully native lightweight zero-privileges program, cheap and fair, fast, stable and secure.
StartIsBack restores original Windows 7 start menu with all its features: search, jump lists, drag&drop, pinned and recently used apps, fully customizable settings. Start button and Start menu look and behave exactly as they used to in Windows 7. StartIsBack includes fine-tuned visual styles and start button images that will fit your style and Windows 8 style. StartIsBack does not run any additional services or programs. It integrates into your computer smoothly. It does not require any other tools or frameworks to install and can be installed without administrative privileges. Start menu is fully localized into your language with same metrics and names Windows 7 had.
Changes in 2.1 RC0:
- Configurator fully supports high DPI modes / RTL languages
- Folders are sorted before items in All Programs XP style program subfolders
- Desktop toast is shown when new version is available
- Fixed 'Rename Start screen into Apps screen' feature breaking desktop app toast notifications
- Fixed 'When I close modern app - Return to last environment' feature not working as expected in 2.0.2