TinyWall is a free software to harden and control the advanced firewall built into Windows Vista and Windows 7. TinyWall lets you work while protecting you. No annoying popups and simple configuration.
What makes TinyWall special?
TinyWall includes a combination of features that sets it apart from both commercial and freeware firewalls.
- TinyWall does not annoy you with popups at all, yet it is still extremely easy to add exceptions to your firewall rules.
- TinyWall actively blocks hundreds of trojans, viruses and worms.
- TinyWall does not require you to know about ports, protocols and application details.
- TinyWall makes use of network zones, allowing you to specify different behaviour when you're at home, at work or in the public.
- TinyWall prevents malicious programs from modifying the settings of Windows Firewall.
- TinyWall uses Windows' own firewall for filtering and does not install drivers or other kernel components.
- Firewall tampering protection
- Optional password lockdown of settings
- Firewall modes: Normal protection, Allow outgoing, Block all, Allow all
- Support for temporary/timed firewall rules
- Option to always allow communication within local LAN
- Full IPv6 support
- List current connections
- 100% free and clean software. No fees, no ads, no payed upgrades.
Please note: TinyWall requires Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 SP1.